5 Tips to Lose Weight After Pregnancy
Your baby’s birth has added a new meaning to your life. Gaining weight during pregnancy is normal in fact, your body is forced to change to accommodate your growing baby’s needs. Here are some tips to help you lose weight post pregnancy:
1. Breastfeed: Breastfeed your baby as much as you can. It not only improves your child’s immunity but also helps you in losing weight faster. You naturally burn calories to make breast milk every time when you nurse your baby. A breastfeeding mom loses weight faster than a non-breastfeeding mom.
2. Drink plenty of water: Make sure to drink at least eight glasses of water in a day as it keeps you hydrated and suppress your appetite. Many research studies have proven that drinking water accelerates the fat-burning process in the body.
3. Maintain a balanced diet: Include a variety of nutrient-rich foods in your diet like lean protein, whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products. Eat small, frequent meals throughout the day, it prevents you from overeating. Say no to calorie-rich and sugary foods.
4. Get enough sleep: It is impossible to sleep for eight hours when you have a newborn baby at home. In a research study, it has been found out that women who sleep less are bound to gain extra calories when their body releases cortisol that promotes weight gain. Make sure to sleep when your baby sleeps, catch as many naps during the day and go to bed early.
5. Exercise regularly: Start exercising once your doctor gives you the green signal. Combine strength training and aerobic exercises post pregnancy; it helps to lose calories and keep your muscles strong. Take a walk in your neighbourhood with your baby in the stroller. If you have a treadmill at a home, ask someone to watch your baby for 30 minutes and take a brisk walk on it at a medium incline level every day. At Fitness World, you will find a wide range of treadmills with adjustable incline.
Though every new mom is eager to look like her old self again, there is an important fact to consider, just be patient. Never feel sorry for the extra pounds you gained, remember your baby’s birth have added a new meaning to your life. You can get back to your old shape if you keep a control over your lifestyle post pregnancy.