10 Fat Burning Activities For A Healthier Lifestyle
The inability to lose fat is a concern that affects most people. At Fitness World, we have dealt with a lot of customers who find it difficult to deal with excess weight. Our advice has always been the same – stay focused on achieving your weight goals come what may!
We have listed 10 activities to help you get rid of excess fat. Our goal is to place you on the path to a healthier lifestyle. Strictly perform one or a combination of these activities to get started:
1. Brisk Walking: This is probably the easiest activity on this list. Walk at a faster pace to boost your heart rate. Brisk walking presents you with an opportunity for a workout that falls in the moderately intense category.
If you are doing brisk walking right, then you will be able to complete 5 kilometres in an hour.
2. Strength Training: Surprised to see strength training on this list? Well, it’s a fact that most people don’t associate it with weight loss. If you are looking to build some quality muscle while getting rid of fat, then strength training is for you! Remember this – pursuing cardio and dieting gets rid of fat as well as muscle.
3. Skipping: Don’t underestimate the power of skipping! If you skip for about 10 minutes daily, you can burn 110 to 200 calories, depending on the intensity and style of jumping. There is lesser time involved and all you need is a skipping rope!
4. Stair Climbing: Use stairs instead of elevators. The more stairs you climb, the more calories you will burn! The calories burnt will depend on your body’s metabolism and the pace at which you climb the stairs.
5. Cardio Kickboxing: Cardio kickboxing can pack a punch when it comes to calorie burning! You can burn 300 to 500 calories during a session of kickboxing depending on the intensity level.
6. Bicycling: Another way to burn calories, bicycling is also a great way to travel around. Depending on the speed and intensity, an average person can burn between 250 to 500 calories during a 30-minute session of bike riding.
7. Overhauling Your Diet: Visit a dietitian and change your diet. You might be indulging in a lot of fat and high-calorie foods. It’s time you adopted a low-calorie diet. A dietitian will understand what your body needs and recommend changes in your diet accordingly.
8. Yoga: Yoga is another great way to burn fat. Based on the nature of exercises and your body’s metabolism, you can expect to burn anything between 150 to 500 calories every hour!
9. Squat Jumps: This simple exercise can burn a lot of calories too! Stand with your feet apart and arms behind your head. Squat down with your knees parallel to the floor. Jump up as high as you can while keeping your core tight. Return back to the original squat position as you land.
10. Aerobics: Aerobics is a fast paced, fun-filled exercising activity that can burn up to 800 calories per hour! This activity mainly targets your legs, hips and the butt. Many gyms conduct aerobics sessions. You could either join them or perform at home watching videos online.
At Fitness World, it is our endeavor to not just provide you with quality fitness equipment but also the right guidance towards better fitness levels.